Joan is a Connecticut Licensed Massage Therapist (# 001175) and is board certified with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
Joan's education is as follows:
- Graduate of Manchester Community College and Eastern Connecticut State University
- Graduate of the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy in 1995
- Certified with the Dr Vodder School of Lymphatic Therapy in 1998. Currently re-certified in June of 2018.
- Trained with the late John Harvey Gray, Reiki Master and completed the Advanced Reiki Practioner Program.
- Trained with Aaron Mattes, the father of Active Isolated Stretching
- Since September of 2015, began training with John F Barnes, PT, LMT in Myofascial Release (MFR) technique.
- JF Barnes MFR classes taken: Myofascial Mobilization, MFR I, MFR 2, Unwinding, Advanced Unwinding, Rebounding, Fascial Pelvis, Cervical Thoracic, Skill Enhancement, Therapy for the Therapist, MFR Pediatrics and Women's Health